Monday 5 December 2011

Picture Perfect...



I am a photographer, I don't mean I work as a photographer, its much more than that, it is what I am. I am not saying I am a perfect photographer, I still have a lot more to learn and stil get bad photos sometimes, but photography is a HUGE part of my life and I never go anywhere without a camera, just in case!.

I do think there is something very different about the brain of a photographer, who in their right mind travels towards disasters, wars, storms, wild animals and other things that most people run away from. Photographers can find beauty in a cracked window, a crumpled can on a beach or millions of other things that most people would not even notice

There is something so incredibly intriguing about an old photograph. For me, they bring such inspiration. Who are these people? What were they going through when this photo was taken? Were there tears behind those picture perfect smiles?

Here are some amazing old photographs of people that have inspired me in some way shape or form.




Great shot of The Beatles via across the page.



Chanel  in one of her pieces 1937




Model Anne Theophane Graham poses in the Christian Dior Junon dress. Photo by Richard Avedon for Harper’s Bazaar in Paris, 1949. Via Leave Me Breathless.




Frida Kahlo in her studi at Casa Azul. Photo by Viicente Wolf 




Carmen Dell Orefice in lace cocktail ensemble designed by Yves Saint Laurent for Christian Dior. Photo by Avedon for Harper’s Bazaar at Folies Bergere, Paris (1957) via Flickr.





‘Bubble’ series for Harper’s Bazaar by Melvin Sokolsky. (1963) via my modern met.




Twiggy via paristocrats.




The Kennedys as newlyweds via The Life of Polarn Per.


Salvador Dali with his wife Gala via trompe-loeil.



Rare early photo of Norma Jeane on the verge of superstardom. Photographed by Richard C. Miller in early 1946 via my modern met

xxx loves xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment